Film and Music
Submitted By lisa44
1. Describe how employing a large number of new workers requires strategic recruiting planning and operational efforts, and discuss what aspects might be different in smaller firms.
• The bigger companies have more of a variety of different job positions, requiring a need for certain qualifications depending on job position. Variety of jobs being air-conditioning service people, cafeteria workers, and medical staff.
• The operations for hiring that Kia chose to use were: Kia made the application process online only with a limited time frame to apply. To make this easier for everyone they made computers available for anyone who doesn’t have computer access by advertising the use of local library computers.
• The hiring process for smaller firms is different because they use fewer resources to spread the word about whether or not they are hiring. Whereas in with the larger firms like Kia, they used radio, TV advertisements, flyers, visiting colleges & churches and other means to market Kia’s recruiting process. Smaller businesses also use Word of Mouth for recruiting into their workplace because they have a small variety of job positions available.
2. Discuss how utilizing the Internet, like Kia did and other employers do, is changing how recruiting efforts are occurring for a variety of jobs in employers of different sizes.
Different businesses are now using internet more for the recruiting process because it saves time and money, it allows for a larger applicant base, makes it easier on HR, and like stated before it allows for a quicker screening process to help eliminate those who are not qualified. Now, both small and large firms are starting to use Social Network to help out with their recruiting process. Social Network’s that help companies recruit are sites like Twitter, Facebook, monster, and other big online sites that help applicants find out whether…...